Mac Fashion Photography and Posing
- Never hold your breath while posing. It translates on camera that you’re tense and looks unrealistic. Maintain a natural pose.
- Make sure your limbs are asymmetrical. For example, if one arm is straight and by your side, make the other slightly bent and place your hand in a different place. Gone are the days of symmetrical posing!
- Don’t always direct your eyes towards the camera. Mix it up with different eye and head poses. It makes for a better photo.
- Sitting pose, don’t see this as a welcome break. Do not distribute your weight evenly – it will look unsightly on camera and will make certain areas appear bigger. So put your weight on the back of one thigh.
- Smiling is good for some photos but does not shout out creativity or diversity. So mix things up with a variety of facial expressions and do not pout! Photographers like models who try new things and give a fluid with their poses.